Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Loyalty

““And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.”  1 Chronicles 28:9 http://bible.com/111/1ch.28.9.niv

          I am devoted to my school. I am a Railroader! I have been a Garrett Railroader for nearly a quarter century. I love this community and I love my school. It is so old fashioned to be dedicated to your employer. Our mobile society is on the go and that includes switching jobs. The services of the average American are open to the highest bidder. Loyalty is a thing of the past. It is not just loyalty to an employer, loyalty to a place of worship is the same way. Loyalty to a spouse or family is also very rare. I am saddened that we don't have the wholehearted devotion to God, either. 

           I have been married for 38 years, I have worked for GKB for nearly 25 years, I am deeply devoted to my family, and friends. WE all need to devote ourselves to service to each other. Loyalty and devotion isn't fleeting. Loyalty and devotion stands through tough times. Loyalty and devotion understand that there are no perfect families, friends, churches, businesses, schools, or communities. We accept the good with the bad. We work to make things better and work to love each other through all things. God is our example. He alone is the perfect example of LOYALTY. He has and never will leave us. He is completely devoted to us. If we seek him he will be found. Praise God he loves me through all things!

Dear Lord, I love you. I am humbled by your greatness and that even with that greatness, you are there for me. I have followed you for 44 years. When I haven't been loyal you have always remained devoted and by my side. God you are great. May we all follow your lead and devote ourselves to each other. Amen!

No comments: