Monday, May 16, 2016

Chaos

“God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it. The nations are in chaos, and their kingdoms crumble! God’s voice thunders, and the earth melts!”  Psalms 46:5-6 NLT. http://bible.com/116/psa.46.5-6.nlt

Our nation is definitely in chaos. We have drifted so far from our roots based strongly in our faith in God. Politically, socially, morally, and ethically our country has lost its way. Today more than ever we need Jesus.

How is that going to happen?

How can we get the people of our country and then the world to turn to Jesus? It seems like such a daunting task. The thought of changing the hearts and minds of billions of people seems impossible. 

All things are possible through the power of Jesus Christ.

In all reality the only person I can control is myself. I can try to influence others, but eventually they must make the leap of faith. My best witness is my own life. My life needs to continue to grow closer to Jesus. I must double my efforts to learn more about my savior. I need to spend more time in service to others. I need to share the love of Jesus everywhere.  I need to be bold for the kingdom, not worry about the consequences of retribution, and step out of my own comfort zones, to seek the lost. The time is growing short. There is no time to waste. We must have a sense of urgency!

Dear Lord, I love you dearly. I am honored to be yours. Give me the power and the strength to be the example for others. Draw closer to me and give me you wisdom in how to serve the lost and chaotic world. I can not do it on my own. Help us Lord! Amen!

No comments: