Saturday, April 30, 2016

Forever is not always forever.

“For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying, “This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.”
Psalm 132:13-14 NIV -- http://bible.com/111/psa.132.13-14.niv

There is nothing, on this earth, that is forever. I have been reminded of this truth in the past couple days. I have lived in multiple places, had numerous jobs, and had a wonderful group of best friends and colleagues to fill more than a lifetime. Those deep friendships last forever, but the closeness fades away. It's not because we got angry or had a falling out. Life events happen and those great friends and coworkers travel down different paths. I often look back at those people with sadness and joy. Sadness that we ar no longer together and joy of the wonderful times we've had. Graduations at school are just like that. You spend a huge amount of time together with your "school" family. After graduation, you pledge to always be there for each other. Paths split, sometimes you never see those friends again. 


Anytime I am deeply saddened it reminds me more and more that this is not my home. I am looking forward to eternity with Jesus. That new heaven and new earth will be permanent joy. That new home will be forever. I praise God I can be with my friends and family forever. Those that know Jesus, those that claim him as savior and have repented from their sins, will have that joyous forever home. I can't wait. I don't need the sadness I get from this earth. I miss my friends from the past and those that headed a different direction. I hope and pray they will be with me in eternity, 

Dear Lord, I pray you are with those dear friends I have had in my past. I pray they will know you and your love so we can be together again in eternity. I ask you to heal me from my broken heart of missing former colleagues, friends and family. I love you and need your power and strength every day. I can not live without you. I am thankful that love and grace are forever. Amen!

No comments: