Monday, April 4, 2016

Protection

38Immediately the fire of the lord flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the trench! 39And when all the people saw it, they fell face down on the ground and cried out, “The lord—he is God! Yes, the lord is God!” 1 Kings 18:38-39 NLT
I had such a wonderful spring break and now it's back to work. My two week break ended this weekend with the 26th Annual Arcola Blessing of the Bikes at St.Patricks Catholic Church in Arcola, Indiana. The weather was miserable. Normally there are over 2000 people at this event. We arrived Saturday morning to a couple hundred people. The youth group at the church uses this as a key fundraiser for their group. I was saddened to see the weather. God is in charge of the weather and I questioned WHY?
When we arrived we were greeted by several groups of Outlaw motorcyclists. They were from Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio. We were also met with a rather large force of law enforcement officers including a SWAT team. It was obvious that eveyone was expecting a problem. A rival national gang has been moving into Indiana and they were expected at the event. IT could have been ugly. 
GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING
I complained about the weather, but I am absolutely confident that God planned this horrific weather to prevent the ensuing conflict. God knows! We really have know idea how often God protects us. It is not always obvious. I trust in the Lord. I trust that he does protect me and I often take it for granted. Once in a while I  see that protection more clearly. Saturday was that day. Through the snow and somewhat crazy riding conditions God brought me safely home. Praise God for his wonderful protection!

Dear Lord, I love you and praise you for our protection. I see your mighty hand over my life. I see your hand over my family. I see your love in my life every day and I am humbled and honored to be your child. Bless this day for your purposes. Bless this day and use me to further your kingdom. Amen!

No comments: