Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What to do?

Then Jehoshaphat added, “But first let’s find out what the lord says.” 1 Kings 22:5
          Life is filled with tough decisions. It is filled with the stresses of interviews, selling homes, changing jobs, and relationships. We make decisions every day, sometimes every moment. When I include the Lord on the decision making process, I have never made a mistake. I know that is a bold statement, but I know it to be true. 
          I have said it before, "Life is not about me." and my prayer life has turned more towards others in place of me. But dealing with life's choices should always include the guidance of the Lord. The Lord wants us to lean on his love, grace, and wisdom. He longs for a relationship where he sits as our counselor and father. IT seems like such a natural thing to do. It seems everyone would want to depend on the creator of the universe for guidance on decisions. He alone knows the past, the present, AND the future. Our vision of life is so limited. We don't have a complete perspective and can not see the full impact of our choices. God knows all those things and if we pray for his will, he has a plan. 

Dear Lord, I praise you for your love. I praise you for your wonderful grace and mercy. But, I truly value your wisdom and guidance in my daily life. I am honored to see your powerful hand in my life. I ask you to take my words and my actions and make them your own. I see so many people during the day that look to me and my faith. I am on display every moment. My decisions impact not only me, but all those around me. I need you and am humbled that you are always there for me. Praise God you are always there! Amen!

No comments: