Monday, April 18, 2016

Mad then Saddened

He looked around at them angrily and was deeply saddened by their hard hearts. Then he said to the man, “Hold out your hand.” So the man held out his hand, and it was restored! Mark 3:5

          I get so mad that people don't believe in God. That anger quickly changes to sadness. I just don't get it! The evidence to me is so overwhelming. I have not only READ about his wonderful grace and mercy through the word, I have lived it. I have been the recipient and have seen his hands throughout my life.  We want to know what is wrong, why this world is as crazy as it is? We want to know why the murder, the destruction of the family, the pain and suffering. We ignore God. We have chosen to go out on our own. We no longer need him. 
          My family has seen the REAL power of God. We have seen the answers to prayers in powerful ways. Many, MOST, are completely unexplainable except through the power of God. It's not because of any power I have. It's not some magical power contained in me. It is purely the power of Jesus. 43 years ago I made a decision to accept Jesus. I have not been  completely faithful during that time, but he has. He has never left me even when I have walked away from him. I have been guided along a wonderful path that I did not invent. 
         God is in charge of all things. When we ignore him we ignore the wonderful plans he has for us. He lets us suffer the consequences of the choices in our lives. When we ask him into our heart, we become his child and he now guides us and protects us from ourselves. THAT IS A WONDERFUL plan. He no longer is angry and saddened by our lives. He delights in our reliance upon him. Praise God for his wonderful PEACE, MERCY, and GRACE. 

Dear Lord, I am blessed by your power and your wonderful love. I am humbled by your protection for me and my family. I love you dearly. I praise your holy name. Help me to share that love with everyone I see today. This world needs you now more than every before. WE can not ignore your power forever. I do not want to lose my family and friends. I want them to be with me in paradise. I want them to know your presence and your guiding hands. Amen!

No comments: