Friday, April 15, 2016

A new President isn't going change the world

25Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the lord with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. 2 Kings 23:25
We need leaders like King Josiah. We need a President who turns to the Lord with all his heart and soul and strength. We need someone who values the laws and words of the Lord. We need to honor the Lord in all we do. But, the office of President of the United States is not the only leader we need to act like this ancient king. We all need to do the same thing. This world will not change with ONE man (unless it is the return of Jesus). Our communities will not change, our states, our country, our world will not change through the power of one leader. It takes the entire community of Christ to change the world. Sure, we need to do it one heart at a time, but we can not JUST put our hope in the leaders. I still am unclear who I will vote for this fall. The number of candidates is narrowing, but the choices don't include anyone like King Josiah. They all have flaws, some of them major flaws. In reality, none of these people running to be our next leader will destroy the country. None of them will have any impact until we ALL want to change. I would love to have a candidate that followed the path of a GODLY LEADER. If that doesn't happen, it will be up to me and my fellow Christians to impact this world for Jesus. Even if if DOES happen, that one person needs our help. It starts with me. It starts with my heart, my words, and my actions. I Love you Lord and I promise to do my part!
Dear Lord, I love you and we need your help. We need you to appoint Godly leaders. But, we also need you to fill our hearts with your love. Fill us with the desire to make a real change in our communities! It starts with me and spreads through the power of your spirit. That only happens with you! Amen!

No comments: