Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bullying

“Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!””
2 Kings 2:23 NLT
http://bible.com/116/2ki.2.23.nlt

I was never REALLY bullied in school. Sure, I got picked on some, just like every other kid in the world. But, I either never got bullied or I dismissed it as meaningless. I wish I could remember. Bullying has been around forever. Most people can take insults and this type of harassment then move on with no permanent impact. That's not true for many and the results can be deadly. 

Relationships and hope are so important. Positive supportive relationships are the key to overcoming Bullying. Giving people a life plan, a destination, goals, that is how we get beyond Bullying. Suicide is real and Christians largely ignore this issue. That has to change. So much time is spent on trying to punish and change the bullier. We really need to spend time supporting those that can't overcome bullying. Now is the time. We can't afford the loss of some wonderful people. We need to restore hope to everyone.

Dear Lord, I love you. I praise you for the hope I have. I praise you for the wonderful positive people in my life. We need to BE that positive support for those who have none. Help us recognize those people and act. Immediately! Amen.

No comments: