Friday, April 22, 2016

A different Extravagance!

29Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”
Peter replied, “You are the Messiah.Mark 8:27

I had a great Bible Study last night with my CMA family. We studied the discipline of "Worship". Most people think of worship as primarily something you do on Sunday mornings. That could not be further from the truth. Worship is the recognition that Jesus IS our Messiah and honoring him with every part of our being. To God be all the glory and honor and praise!
I found a really great definition of worship - Worship is to honor with extravagant love and extreme submission (Webster's Dictionary,1828).  The article goes on to state: 

"True worship, in other words, is defined by the priority we place on who God is in our lives and where God is on our list of priorities. True worship is a matter of the heart expressed through a lifestyle of holiness. Thus, if your lifestyle does not express the beauty of holiness through an extravagant or exaggerated love for God, and you do not live in extreme or excessive submission to God, then I invite you to make worship a non-negotiable priority in your life." http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies/bible-answers/spirituallife/what-is-true-worship.html

We need to love God with all our heart. We have an "over the top" kind of Love for God. That is true worship. We need to live our lives in an effort to follow the will of the Lord. That is true worship. 

True Worship, not conforming to this world, is not easy. I have a tendency to get caught up in all the"stuff" of this world. I get dragged into the social media political battles. I get caught up in the worship of THINGS. God is so saddened when I replace worship of him with worship of the world. I need to continue to focus on him, his love, and the wonderful life he has blessed me with. I need to honor him by my actions, my words, and my thoughts. I love you Lord!



No comments: