Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Yes or No!

“About that time Hezekiah became deathly ill, and the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to visit him. He gave the king this message: “This is what the LORD says: Set your affairs in order, for you are going to die. You will not recover from this illness.” When Hezekiah heard this, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, “Remember, O LORD, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.” Then he broke down and wept bitterly. But before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, this message came to him from the LORD: “Go back to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of your ancestor David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you, and three days from now you will get out of bed and go to the Temple of the LORD. I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will rescue you and this city from the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my own honor and for the sake of my servant David.’””
2 Kings 20:1-6 NLT
http://bible.com/116/2ki.20.1-6.nlt

I know! It's one of the longer scripture passages I have posted. I'm sorry, but I wanted you to get the entire story. I thought these wonderful verses show the power of prayer and the love of our Lord. God listens. He is willing to change his mind. For those that love the Lord and are committed to his ways, he will hear our cries. 

This is such a strange concept for me to grasp. I KNOW that my God is all knowing. He knows what is, what was, and what is to come. The idea that he can change his mind seems out of place. Does he really change his mind?  If I start thinking about these mysteries, my head starts spinning. When that happens, I stop, and realize it doesn't matter. I don't need to know everything. This great mystery is ok to be hidden. ALL that really matters is the faith that my Heavenly Father has my best interest in mind. Yes, he might appear to change his mind. He might answer YES or he might answer NO to a powerful prayer request. I am ok with that. Hezekiah got 15 years added to his life. The Lord loved Hezekiah just like he loves us. But for those with cancer or other illness that don't get that healing touch, he loves you to. Just because the answer is no, doesn't mean he loves you less. 

TRUST IN THE LORD ALWAYS, THROUGH ALL THINGS, IN ALL ANSWERS, YES and NO!

Lord, I love you. I don't always understand your plans. I ask your forgiveness for challenging the answers I receive to prayers. I do trust you with all my life. I can look back in my life and see your powerful hand. I know you love me and want the best for me because I have seen it for 55 years. I praise you for your wisdom and grace. Amen!

No comments: