Thursday, April 21, 2016

SPRING is hear! PRAISE GOD!

“Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they sprouted, grew, and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!””
Mark 4:8 NLT http://bible.com/116/mrk.4.8.nlt

Spring is definitely here. I am in the process of cleaning out the flower beds, and the battle of the dandelions is on! I really love yard work. It is a form of therapy for me. Cutting the grass, weeding, watering, and trimming shrubs and bushes give me time to get outside and work up a sweat. If you couple that with my Vic and "wind therapy", I have great options to escape, recover, and receive new life. New life is sprouting everywhere. 

I can't really complain about this winter, except that winter is winter regardless how bad it is. I hate the cold, lifeless, dreary time of winter. Christmas is the exception. When you can finally see the flowers peaking out of the ground, the beauty of flowering trees, and the colors of the landscape changing from dreary grey to brilliant green, it gives hope.  We all need hope. God gives us the spring time to give us hope. The contrast with winter is completely necessary so we can truly appreciate the beauty and hope of spring. Life is the same. We have to have pain, suffering, stress, and turmoil in our lives to appreciate the joy of the Lord. My faith grows through the trials of life, just like the flowers outside my windows. Praise God for the life of spring.

Dear Lord, I haven't had a great couple of days. The stresses of life have gotten me down. I am weary of the busyness of life. But, Lord I trust you, even in the stressful times of my life. I trust that Spring will always come. Joy is in you Lord, through all things, good and bad. Be with me today. Help me overcome the trials. Help me to continue to share your love to my students and all the people I meet. I love you and praise your holy name. Amen!

No comments: