Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Do they like you!

20for Herod respected John; and knowing that he was a good and holy man, he protected him. Herod was greatly disturbed whenever he talked with John, but even so, he liked to listen to him. Mark 6:20
As a member of the Christian Motorcyclist Association, I am fortunate to be respected at motorcycle events around this community and, really, around the world. We are asked to serve in the community at various events. Bikers understand and respect our mission. They call on us for Biker Blessings and prayer when bikers go down. But, I also get the sense they are a little uncomfortable around us. It's a little funny that things have not changed for thousands of years. John, carrying the message of Jesus just like CMA, made people feel uncomfortable. The message of Jesus is very convicting. I think it makes people uncomfortable because in their heart, they know it to be true. The Holy Spirit is powerful and is constantly working on the hearts of the lost through his servants. If we are spreading the gospel in the "right" way, they may feel uncomfortable, but they will still like us. Herod, felt uncomfortable around John, but he liked him. It is all part of "relational ministry". Even 200 years ago, it was important to build relationships. We have to share the gospel. That is our mission. BUT, we have to do so in a way that people are willing to listen. They need to trust us. They need to respect us. IF they don't, the message will fall silent. That just can't happen.
Dear Lord, I love your message and I love that I have been chosen to share it through CMA. More than the message, I love the lost. I want them to join me in eternity. I know I must share your powerful message while building a loving relationship with those that do not know you. Please give me wisdom to love people first, above all things. Help me to keep from judging others. Help me to keep my witness pure and my heart focused on you. I praise your holy name for the love you have shown to me. You are amazing. Amen!

No comments: