Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Personal Protection

You are my King and my God.You command victories for Israel.
5Only by your power can we push back our enemies; only in your name can we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow; I do not count on my sword to save me. You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies; you disgrace those who hate us. O God, we give glory to you all day long and constantly praise your name.
Life is such a battle. We live in evil, sinful times.  I'm not complaining. I love my life, my family, my work, my friends, and the joys that come to me. I try as much as possible to be prepared. I started carrying a handgun several months ago. It's not that I didn't trust the Lord to protect me. It may seem odd to some of you, but the spirit of the Lord has prompted me to prepare. God helps those who help themselves. God heals through doctors, he doesn't need them, he chooses to heal through them. Sometimes he heals without them. When I am sick, I pray about it. I go to the Lord to heal me. I still go to the doctor, not because I don't trust the Lord. I give the Lord the opportunity to work through my doctor. That makes sense to me.
Carrying my concealed handgun is the same thing as going to the doctor. The Lord will protect me. He may choose to do that through my handgun or he may choose to protect me in a completely different way. I am a responsible gun owner. I practice, I train, I do everything I can to make sure I do NOT have to use my gun. But, I am ready, if needed. My most powerful weapon is the Lord. He is my protector and so much more. He is completely in charge of my safety and that of my family and friends. That is why I praise his name. That is why I worship him. That is why I study his word and pray to him daily. I need him now more than ever. 

Dear Lord, I pray for protection. I pray for my family and friends. We need you Lord. The times are so evil and trouble lurks around every corner. It is you Lord that we trust. I praise you for your love. I am thankful to be a child of yours, Lord. Please continue to watch over me and my family. Praise God! Amen!

No comments: