Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Lord is Good!

The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest. (Psalm 85:12 NIV)

The Winter Olympics are in full swing. I enjoy most of the events. I enjoy the joys of victory and the agony of defeat. I was watching the cross country ski event where a Russian fell. He was a favorite to win the event. We he fell he just laid on the ground for what seemed like an eternity. He was obviously dejected. In the women's luge we won our first ever medal. The joy on the faces of the winner and her coach was amazing. The Olympics are meant to be a celebration of the unity of our planet. We spend enough time hearing about the problems of this world and the evil is everywhere. But it's great to take time and look at what is right with this world.

One of the greatest blessings of our world is a God that loves us. The Lord is not some iron handed dictator. God is the center of all that is good and right in our world. He has blessed us with so many things. He has given us the opportunity of peace and a life filled with joy. My life is a perfect example. I am so amazingly blessed with a life that is filled with the joy of a wonderful wife, amazing daughters, and even more amazing grandchildren. My life is filled with hope and love from my wonderful savior. I am want for nothing. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: