Friday, February 7, 2014

My words!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (2 Timothy 3:16 NIV)

In June 2008, I began journaling about my devotions and reading the Bible. On July 27th, 2010, I switched from a paper and pencil journal to this blog. This is my 751st blog. The purpose was and is to help me focus my Bible Study and to really make me think about what God is saying to me through scripture. I publish this because knowing that someone might read it, other than myself, helps me really think about what I want to say. You, in educational terms, are my authentic audience.

I'm not a great writer, by any means, and it makes me nervous to think some of my Language Arts colleagues would have a field day marking my writing in RED. It's even ironic that I am a Math teacher spending every day of my life writing. I thoroughly enjoy it and get so much out of every word on every page. I am surprised with how well this blog has been received and the positive comments I receive.

This writing is nothing compared to the word of God. The Bible is my inspiration. It is my teacher, counselor, critic, and spiritual advisor. It speaks to me louder than any human voice. It speaks the truth regardless how that makes me feel. The Bible is true in every aspect and it is a living, breathing document that has meaning beyond its ink filled pages. It is more relevant today than when it was penned so many centuries ago.

I have missed a few days writing this blog, but for the most part, I have been loyal to my devotions and writing. I can't count the endless blessings I have received from this blog, but more importantly the perfect word of a God. Thank you lord for this wondeful gift, written by your mighty hand. I praise you that you have provided a life guide for my life. I promise to use it to make me a better person and follower of Christ. I promise to share my love of your word with everyone I encounter. Amen.


No comments: