Monday, February 24, 2014

Muscle

So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty. (Zechariah 4:6 NIV)

I'm not a strong person physically. I'm all of about 5'6" and not in particularly great shape. Now that basketball season is over and my coaching responsibilities are also over I've been talking about starting to workout again. I have plans to join our local community center and use the fitness room. I don't have any plans to get massively powerful or bulky. I just want to increase my fitness. I don't have any reason to become strong or powerful. Nothing I do in my daily routine makes it necessary to have a lot of muscle. Teaching is an exercise of mental agility not physical.

The Spirit of The Lord is better than any amount of power or might you could obtain. The more I study and fill myself with the Spirit of The Lord, the more my life improves. The battles with loss, sickness, financial distress, family relationships, and turmoil are won by the Spirit not through power and might. Life is more about the battles fought by the spirit than battles of muscle. I can't win those battles with out the wondeful spirit of The Lord.

Praise God for his gift in the Holy Spirit. Thank you for sending the spirit to guide me through the life of stress and turmoil. I praise you for winning the victories in my life!

No comments: