Friday, February 21, 2014

Help side defense!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1 NIV)

We have another big weekend scheduled. It stared last night with senior night for our boys basketball team, wall of fame night, and defeating the cross county rival Barons in convincing fashion. It continues today with Girls Basketball Regionals. Then tomorrow I get to hangout with my fellow CMA officers to plan our year. I'm pretty sure I'll be exhausted by Sunday Evening. It's a good exhaustion.

 At hand is the first game of regionals. We've been working on a lot of help side defense to try to defend a pretty talented athlete from our opponent. All of our girls know that we need to guard this athlete collectively, as a team, or we lose. Sure we have someone personally responsible for her, but we know it has to be everyone helping. In basketball it's called help side defense. When someone is helping on this key athlete, someone else needs to help the helper. It becomes a defense of one. Everybody had each other's back.

God is more than my refuge. He is my strength and my constant companion. Just like in basketball, God is the help when I run up against a major opponent. Because I know he is with me I am more at peace in my life than I've ever been. I know I have someone covering for me. If I make a mistake, God is there to make it right. I can live life with confidence knowing God is in my court. I do not have to fear making mistakes.  A basketball player can be more aggressive if she knows someone is there to help if something goes wrong. Praise God he is that helper for me! I can live my life focused on him. 

Our basketball team can be victorious if we just focus on playing together, helping, and playing as one! Good Luck Ladies!

No comments: