Friday, February 21, 2014

I did that?

Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. (Isaiah 26:12 NIV)

The Olympics are an amazing display of talent, drive, and determination. Sunday I was watching a snowboard race. An American athlete took the preliminaries by a really great distance, she was cruising to a gold medal. The course was really fast and many participants were falling, she was not. Then in the finals she tumbled after having a dominating lead. She didn't even place in the top five. She lost her gold medal. This defeat was devastating and unfortunately overshadows all her great accomplishments.

It is so easy to dwell on our defeats and not on our accomplishments. As I think about MY accomplishments I realize they are not really my accomplishments at all. I can look back at my life and say, WOW, how did I do that? With a little more thought I realize, nothing I have done has been on my own. God has been the reason for every accomplishment of my life. He alone has done this for me. I am so eternally grateful for his love and that he cares enough to lead me. He gives me the strength, the talent, the drive, the determination to love my life.


 Praise God for those gifts.

No comments: