Sunday, February 9, 2014

God is alive in my church!

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. (Psalm 19:7 NIV)

We had a perfectly wonderful church service today at CLCG. I am awestruck how God can use our own deepest dark days to bring light to the world. Today our Worship Arts Director opened his heart about his life of anxiety and depression. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It takes so much to open up like that. I praise Kevin and Erica for being open to God using them in this powerful way and I thank God for using our services to speak to the lost and those struggling with life.

I often talk about my perfect life on this blog. I also mention how sometimes it's even embarrassing to have it so good. I don't want the struggles, I don't want the pain, no one does. I know that God does use all things for his good purpose. He uses the good and the bad times in my life. I have struggled at times in my own life. I have never dealt with anything as powerful as anxiety or depression. I am grateful. He has taken all my life experiences and molded them into my testimony. I can tell of his great love through the events like the birth and loss of our children. I have seen his powerful right hand through financial struggles, job stress, and other daily trials. He is with all of us with no trials, great trials and small ones. I am forever in his debt for these things and sending his son to die for me, a flawed sinner.

Praise God for his control of my life and the lives of my brothers and sisters inChrist. I praise you for your love, mercy, and grace. I love you and need you! Praise for Kevin and Erica. Bless them and their family. Heal Kevin and bring peace to his life and the lives of those who are dear to him. Continue to use him for your wonderful purposes! Show him your presence and your wisdom every day of his life. Be with our church as we continue to grow in number and in our relationship with you. Amen!


No comments: