Saturday, February 15, 2014

Wild and crazy day, filled with Prayer!

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? (Matthew 6:25 NIV)

This is going to be a crazy day filled with anxious Big moments. 

First my Granddaughter, Hannah, will be participating in a state wide Choir Competition. Stephanie is going to watch. I which I could be there and don't know much about it, except it is a really big competition. I pray for a wondeful, life experience for her and her choir. May The Lord use you in a powerful way!

My grandson, Klayton, is a senior wrestler. Today he wrestles in the IHSAA Semi-State tournament. It is very intense. He must win each of the first two matches. If he loses either if the first two matches, he's done. The entire family is on pins and needles. We sit on the sidelines and we are helpless. It is one of the most stress filled moments I will experience. He went last year as a junior. That's a little different. You always have "next year". Now there is no next year. 

I am also an assist an assistant coach for our high school girls basketball team. We are undefeated, 22-0, and playing a really good team in the sectional championship, tonight. I will be a nervous wreck there also. The waiting, the twists and turns of a Game will put me in agony. 

I have confidence in both my grandson and our basketball team. They are prepared, they know what needs done, and are more than capable of doing it. That does not relieve the stress. Does God really care about these events? I have been in prayer constantly for our team and Klayton. I pray God will give Klayton the wisdom throughout the match to know what to do, that he will be safe and injury free, that he will relax and wrestle with confidence. I also pray this experience will draw him closer to God. YES, I ALSO PRAY HE WILL BE VICOTRIOUS. God already knows that is my desire, he is not surprised by it. 

My prayer is nearly the same for our Basketball team. I pray the coaches will be granted the wisdom to make the correct decisions in the game, the players are able to relax and play with confidence, the officials will make the correct calls, the fans will be loud and supportive in a positive way. But, I also pray that God will use this event to speak to hearts of our players and coaches that they will come to a greater relationship with him. Lastly, you guessed it, I pray for victory for our team. 

I love you Lord and know you are always with us through all situations, even the day to day events, yes, even sporting events. Thank you Lord for your love. Thank you for the excitement of life and the stress filled fun we enjoy. I could not ask for a better life! Amen!

No comments: