Thursday, February 27, 2014

No Pain - No Gain

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV)

I can't count the number of times in my life that I have tried to get back in shape. If you add up all the weight I've lost in 54 years, I could be triplets! So, here I am, February 28th at it again. I've completed two workouts in the past four days composed of running, weights, stretching, and core work. I'm experienced so I know not to kill myself. I need to ease into the training. I've done that but I'm still sore. It's not unbearable, but my body knows life has changed again. The amount of pain is about right. I can tell I have pushed myself and not over done it. You have to go through some pain before you make the gains you want. I've already dropped some weight and my blood sugar is coming down. 

My 40 year relationship with Christ is the same way. I have also had ups and downs in my Christian walk. (I'm not proud of this!) I have to say I've been more on than off over the past 15 years. As I grow more mature in my faith, I have realized some pain in my life is necessary. I don't grow in strength without suffering some pain. I can look back on bad times and see growth through all of them. It's not fun to be in pain. Yet, it's key to our lives. It's through our weakness, our infirmities that the power of Christ rests upon me.

Thank you Lord for sending me through a lifetime of pain. I know you have done it out of love and desire that I grow stronger. I am humbled by your grace and patience with my weaknesses. Your love is perfect just like your plan for my life is perfect. Praise God you are on the throne! Amen.

No comments: