Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tea Party -- Yes or No?

Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor. (1 Peter 2:17 NIV)

I relate with the TEA PARTY. I completely agree that our government has gotten way to large. It is inefficient and the bureaucracy is so large it drains our finances. We need to completely reform our tax system and we can't keep spending like we are. But, I can not tolerate the disrespect that have for the office of President. I will not endorse the Tea Party or their inflexibility. I disagree with the policies of this administration and I am passionate the conservative agenda is the best solution to our nations problems. But, I greatly respect the President and the values of his party. I disagree with their methods, but I think they are truly trying to help the middle class and the poor. I think they are ineffective and wish we would move back to the center instead of the exteemes we live in theses days. I would love to see an air of compromise and cooperation between political adversaries.

Politics are not the center of life. In reality, neither party is very different and life will continue with either one in control of our government. My life should not be focused on our government. I should spend my time showing respect to everyone, loving the family of believers, fearing God and honoring our leaders. 

As Christians, everyone is looking at how we handle ourselves, how we treat others, what level of respect we share with those we love and those we disagree with, and how we treat our leaders. We have to make sure the emotions we feel about politics and other highly charged topics, don't destroy our witness. In many ways we are responsible for the care of those that don't follow Christ. We need to work at building relationships in order to earn the right to share Christ. We can't do that if we alienate the lost. I plead with both sides of the political spectrum that call themselves followers of Christ to tone down the discourse. Learn to work with each other, love each other, and respect each other.

Praise God I live in a nation where we can disagree peacefully. Praise God for our leaders and their mission to do the best they can for this country. Bless our President, keep him safe, give him wisdom, and fill his heart with your Holy Spirit. Help all our leaders to learn to work together in harmony and respect. Amen!

No comments: