Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentines Day Steph!

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 NIV)

It's Valentines Day 2014 and this verse pops into my daily devotions. This verse always reminds me of my Dad. This was HIS verse. I heard him utter these words time and time again before he started a sermon. When I think of my Dad and his ministry, I always think of my mom. They were eternally connected in ministry and in life. If you want to know the true, forever kind of love, just look at the love my parents had together. I know my Mom dearly misses my Dad and am sure days like today will take her straight to the memories she has of their life together. That love lives on. Because I had a Dad and Mom that displayed that wonderful love, I now can experience that love with my wonderful wife. 

Stephanie and I have had the great joy of over 35 years of marriage. We raised wonderful kids and now have the great joy of knowing some great grandkids. The love we have in our family is directly tied to the love of my Mom and Dad. Just like they were inseparable, I love spending time with Stephanie. I have been fortunate to work with her, coach with her, minister with her, and spend a lifetime with her. I never get tired of being around her. She's my wife, my best friend,  my counselor, my cheerleader, my coach, my lover, and my constant companion. I can't imagine life without her. I see her wonderful heart in each of my three daughters and the relationships they have with their families. She loves The Lord first and her family second. She is the most caring and unselfish person I've ever met. I praise God every day for her and continually ask him to bless everything she does. Thank you Lord for bringing her into my life.

Happy Valentines Day Steph!

No comments: