Saturday, November 16, 2013

Change Me!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. (Romans 12:1 NIV)

In my life, what sacrifices have I made for others? I have to admit I've been more about myself than others. Probably the biggest sacrifice I ever made was giving up my job as Athletic Director to go back in the classroom. I did it so I could spend more time with my family and in ministry with CMA. It took 53 years for me to finally see I had my priorities wrong. I wonder how many blessings I missed because of my selfishness. Since I made my "Sacrifice" I have been blessed abundantly. I need to think more in terms of sacrifice. What do I have to give up that's getting in the way of me serving God? What can I do in my life to set my priorities straight?

It's hard to make changes on our own. Many times we need God's direct intervention. I have been preaching for God to help me change. I want to be more compassionate, more of a servant, and more of a minister for Christ.  I did this through some struggles a few years ago and God sent me back to the classroom. Those prayers and the guiding of the Holy Spirit have changed me in a great way. As we offer ourselves to God and his plan, we worship God more than when we do in anytime of our life. Pray for God to change you. Look at your weaknesses and ask God to help you overcome them. Be ready for changes. God will hear you!

No comments: