Thursday, November 7, 2013

God is not a myth!

Jesus said, “The first in importance is, ‘Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these.” (Mark 12:29-31 MSG)


Last week I had a student say he had outgrown religion. That is sad. It's like they used to believe in Santa Claus and grew out of it. This faith I have is not like believing in the tooth fairy. I have also heard FAITH is  for the weak minded. I guess I'm weak and stupid if society thinks I  can't be intelligent and deeply follow Christ. I'm not among the intellectual elite, but I'm above average and every ounce of intelligence in my body is directed toward loving God. God is not a myth. God is real and I love him more than life itself. 
This faith that I have is to some made up fantasy. The God of my faith is the creator oft he universe. He made everything and has a great desire to be with his creation. He decided to give us the choice wether we follow him or not. His amazing power is given to us in this choice. Many have rejected him, yet he loves us. He loved us so much that he sent his son to live and die with us. He died so that we might choose to live with him forever. He's real and, frankly, I have deep sorrow for anyone who outright rejects him as fantasy. They are missing out on the true joy of life and a life that extends throughout eternity. 

No comments: