Monday, November 4, 2013

Hope is not a question?

because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. (2 Corinthians 4:14 NIV)

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV).  So many people know of this verse from the Love Chapter. We always emphasize the Love because it is listed as the greatest. Yet, hope and faith are also critical to the life of a follower of Christ. The three are forever intertwined, so that we can not study one without the other.

Hope - As a child I would use the word hope as a question mark. My hope was a desire that realistically had no chance. "I hope I get a bike for Christmas!", "I hope my team wins." "I hope I do well on a test I didn't study for." Hope is not a question. Hope is a wonderful promise that can't get here quick enough. My hope as a 53 year old follower of Christ rests in the knowledge of his promises. The existence of my hope is an extension of my faith. I have the complete knowledge and faith in my own resurrection and eternal life. My hope is not questioning if it's going to happen, but when. My hope is an anticipation that it could occur at any moment. I look forward to my life beyond this planet. I long to be sheltered in my own room, created exclusively for me by my Heavenly Father. My hope is filled with nothing less than Jesus love and righteousness! Praise God he is Lord of all! He is Holy and has promised to take me with him!

No comments: