Thursday, November 21, 2013

Believe

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NIV)

What does it mean to believe the story of Jesus? The dictionary says believe means to have a firm faith that something is true. Our belief in Jesus is not based merely on physical evidence or fact. God could have left an obvious trail to Jesus. The life of Jesus could have been covered in every culture, society, country or town. The life of Jesus could be indisputable with the right evidence. It's not. I think this is all part of the plan. God wants us to have firm faith when life is not easy. He wants us to trust him when society sees no proof he ever existed. So, our belief is firm faith.

I have a firm faith. I have seen personal evidence on a daily basis of the existence of God. My prayer life, my bible study, my worship, all add to the evidence. I don't have a photograph of Jesus in my wallet. I don't have a copy of a book he personally wrote. I haven't seen him, and I don't know anyone who has seen him. Yet, my faith is stronger today than any other day of my life. 

It just takes an initial "Mustard Seed" of faith and see where it will go. You don't need to start with a form faith. When you do take that first step, you will soon develop that firm faith and realize you have all the proof you need to BELIEVE in Jesus Christ.

No comments: