Monday, November 25, 2013

That's expensive perfume!

and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:2 NIV)

I am not a perfume guy. I know some women who just love their perfume. They put a lot of money into smelling right. The most expensive perfume is listed below

1. Clive Christian No. 1 Imperial Majesty Perfume – $12,721.89 per ounce

Take note that it is $12,721.89 per ounce. Even if the price is for the bottle, it will still take a lot of people aback.  The whole bottle contains 16.9 ounces of Clive Christian’s signature No. 1 fragrance. The bottle itself is made of Baccarat crystal. A brilliant cut white diamond weighing five carats adorns the bottle. It also boasts of an 18-carat solid gold collar. This is a very rare perfume, as only 10 bottles were ever made, thus ensuring it will become a highly sought after collectible item in the future.

Isn't it amazing, just for a smell. 

At school I've seen football players, after a sweaty night on the football field, douse themselves with perfume instead of taking a shower. When you mix sweat with a bottle of perfume, the smell is a bit much, to say the least. 

Sometimes my life stinks. It might be my own doing or it might be something completely out of my control. That's where the sweet perfume of Jesus Christ comes in. This wonderful perfume is more valuable than Clive Christian #1. The cost for us was paid by Jesus. The perfume of Jesus covers everything in my life. He covers my sin, he covers the sins against me. He covers my poor judgment. He covers my sickness and my health. He makes even the worst of times, joyous. I have 53 years of experience to know this is true. When I say Jesus is the savior of my life, he has literally saved me. He has rescued me from all the pains of life. Praise God for his love and covering my sins with his death on the cross. 


No comments: