Saturday, November 9, 2013

Suffering!

He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, (Luke 24:46 NIV)

I have a great life. If I really look closely at my 53 years, I have not suffered at all. Most of my struggles have been minuscule compared to the suffering Christ endured. 

I committed my life to Christ as an early teen. Since that time, I have experienced a life filled with blessings and my micro-struggles were usually self inflicted. Even these have been minor. I praise God for the life he has given me. He has blessed me with a loving, Christ-centered wife, a family that loves The Lord, a job and coworkers who have passion for kids, great friends, financial security, and a life filled with adventure. 

I am so thankful for the blessings of The Lord. I don't have a lot of experience with suffering. I know that some people do have a life filled with suffering and pain. I just can't relate. I am amazed he loves me with wonderul grace and passion. I am thankful for the suffering he did so I would not have to. Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away, but there is never a bad time to praise God and thank him for our wonderful lives. If your life is less than wonderful, what can you do to turn that around? Talk to The Lord. He will make it clear what needs to happen. It may not be anything YOU are doing. He is here for us. He wants you to call on him and he will be there for you. Your life will change. I have seen it happen so many times.

No comments: