Monday, November 18, 2013

Predictability

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, (Philippians 3:20 NIV)

Today was a crazy day. We started off our day with great worship at County Line. The sermon was good, even if a little unorthodox. The message was on Gun Control. We left church and went to our oldest daughter's for Thanksgiving. They are going to Florida over Thanksgiving break. Then we came home to April like storms in the middle of November. There were tornadoes, hail, heavy rain, wind, and lots of thunder and lightning. This is typical, unpredictable, Indiana weather! It sure makes life exciting.

Life is full of unpredictable events, some good, and some bad. I like the variety, most of the time. Other times, I am looking for a boring, predictable existence. The most anticipated event of my life is my final trip to Heaven and meeting Jesus face-to-face. If I want to have stability, and predictability in my life I only have to look to God. He is the same today, yesterday, and forever. I eagerly await the time when my only priority is sitting at the feet of Jesus and worshipping him.

No comments: