Monday, November 11, 2013

Who is that?

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29 NIV)

You're walking down the street. A man walks toward you. The man is Jesus. Would you recognize him? You would never walk down the street and pass a friend without recognizing them. You would probably even know them from a great distance. 

You say, "How could I recognize someone I've never seen?" John knew Jesus because of God. John's relationship with God is so strong he knew Jesus like he had been with him his entire life. How well do you know Jesus? Do you speak with him every day? Do you study his life? 

I act like the people I hang out with and they act like me. This phenomenon occurs in all relationships. The longer I'm married the closer my wife and I think alike. The friends I spend time with influence my thinking, my speaking, and my actions. It seems to make sense to spend time with Jesus and his Father so that I can act the way they do. Building a relationship with Jesus is critical to your life here on this planet and your future in eternity. You need to get to know Jesus as you would your best friend. You need to know him so well, you would recognize him anywhere and anytime. You will change by getting closer to him. 

 If you really want to change your life, make it better, get closer to Jesus!

No comments: