Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm 53 years old and I don't care!

For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate............. (Galatians 6:14-16 MSG)

I'm 53 years old and I don't care!

I remember days gone by when I did everything I could to please my parents. I got older and had a family and I still wanted Mom and Dad to be proud of me. I began my professional work career and did everything to please my bosses and the company I worked for. I got more mature and jumped into education. I did everything I was asked and sacrificed my family time to serve my school. I lived for people and their praise. I lived for the approval of my peers!

Now here I am 53 years old and I don't care. I still work hard, I am constantly looking to do what's best for my family and for the kids I teach. The difference? I've stopped trying to please others and fitting into their mold. I don't care what people think of me. I ONLY care what my Heavenly Father thinks of me. Like the verse says, it's freeing to only have to please Jesus. I live my life for Jesus and his purposes. I teach for his purpose. I minister for him, I serve for him, I play for him, and I ride for him. It is for his glory and not my own. I don't much care if people like me. I don't car if they think I'm doing right, or living the way I should. I have one measure for my life and that is Jesus Christ.

No comments: