Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I found my keys!

I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. (Revelation 1:18 NIV)

I have lost many sets of keys in my life. I remember one time when my daughters were very young, I lost my keys around Halloween. We looked everywhere. I had to get new keys for work, my vehicles, and for home. Around Thanksgiving we were cleaning. I was getting ready to throw out the remaining Halloween candy and guess what I found in the bag of Candy? Yep, I found my keys inside the bag of un-eaten Halloween candy.  Nobody had any idea how they got there. 

I'm pretty confident God would never let me hold the keys to Hades. But, I'm glad he has them. My loving and powerful God is in charge of Eternity. He has overcome death, and wants all of us to join him in Heaven. He grudgingly opens the locked gates of hell. I am so thankful that he has promised me a home with him and that he has prepared a joyous place to live forever. While I'm here on this earth, I will work to bring others with me. I will do all I can to live a life that sets an example for others. I want to lead them to the cross and the sacrifice that Christ made. I pledge to help keep the gates of Hades closed, never to open for the ones I meet!

No comments: