Sunday, November 3, 2013

24 hours!

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. (1 Thessalonians 5:9, 10 NIV)

To say that God is amazing is an enormous understatement. I can share 53 years of his "amazingness". The plan to send his son, have him live a human life, suffer the humiliation of crucifixion, rise in three days, and the sending of the Holy Spirit, is truly amazing.

These verses spark more thoughts of amazement. Now that I am a follower of Christ I live with him 24 hours a day, even while I sleep.

Sleeping is so important to our healthy lives. Nearly 1/3 of our lives is spent there. How we live our waking life greatly affects how we sleep. I sleep like a baby. I read my devotions, write the first draft of this blog, pray, and sleep. I'm not anyone special except to say that I'm a child of God. I have restful nights because of my Lord. I have busy days just like everyone else. This weekend has been filled with a Football game, CMA meeting, family, church, and more. I was so tired yesterday. This morning I am rested and ready to go again. I don't stress about the next day, anymore. I don't worry about the sins of my life. I don't stress about schedules, conflicts, deadlines, or other lifetime trials. I rest easy in the arms of a savior that loves me with an infinite grace. I rest easy that my entire family is under the watchful eye and powerful hand of God.  I am together with Christ my entire life, even when I am resting from a busy day. Praise God for his 24 hour love!

No comments: