Saturday, November 2, 2013

Blood!

and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, (Revelation 1:5 NIV)

It's a couple days after Halloween. I saw a lot of fake blood. In our culture, Blood is a symbol of death and pain. So many people can't stand the sight of real blood, some even faint at the slightest amount. I'm ok with small amounts of blood, but not sure how I would react to large quantities.

Blood has a completely different meaning for Christians. God sent his son to be sacrificed for us. He could have just had him die in a simple method. Instead he sacrificed his son by humiliating him, and spilling his blood through torture and nailing to a cross.  It would have been a gruesome sight to witness. I'm not sure how I would have reacted. 

Since that day, blood has meant love and grace. Jesus gave us our freedom when he bled at the cross. He reconciled our sins, even though he had none. I am so thankful for his love and sacrifice for me. He took that one blood filled moment and overcame it. He rose from the dead and demonstrated the real victory over death and sin.

No comments: