Sunday, January 17, 2016

Not the Ten Commandments..... Harder to keep!

“Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”     Ephesians 4:31-32 NLT

I don't hang out with people that kill others. I don't know thieves. Personally, I don't struggle with the Ten Commandments. But, this list in Ephesians is completely different. I am watching the news and seeing quite the battle to be our next president. The American public is fed up with politicians and rightly so. We are fully supporting candidates that show anger, bitterness, hate, and uses harsh words. Why can't we support and seek out candidates that are kind, tenderhearted, and forgiving. 

I also have difficulty with bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words and struggle being tenderhearted, forgiving, and kind to those not like me. Our society views these three positive traits as weakness and "whimpy". My savior is the epitome of strength, power, forgiveness, kindness, and tenderness. He shows us it is possible and should be our goal in life.

Dear Lord, I praise you for being the example of all that we need to be. When you came down to live with us you were kind, loving, and forgiving, while still being a strong and powerful leader. Help me to do the same as I continue in life with you. Defeat the anger and rage I feel toward my enemy and those who challenge me. Help me to share your compassion and love with all that cross my path. I love you Lord. I beg your forgiveness when I fall short. You are truly amazing and I worship you with all my heart. Amen!

No comments: