Friday, January 22, 2016

Laugh when you don't want to!

“O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.”     Psalms 5:1-3 NLT

We had a great bible study last night and I needed it. After a long day attending the funeral and the associated sorrow, I was exhausted. But I also needed some time away. That happened. My loving Heavenly Father always hears my cry and listens to my voice.  He surrounds me with great people. He fills my heart with hope and helps me to be able to laugh when I don't feel like it. We had a large group meet for dinner then bible study. My great friends helped me laugh and the fellowship was great. God sent them tonight to help me. I am humbled by his grace, his mercy, his compassion, and his genuine love for me. 

I know there are others that are calling out. Please Lord hear their prayers as you have heard mine. I praise you for helping me through every dark night and every sunny day. As I have gotten older and seen your loving power, I know there is hope. My hope comes from you. Thank you Lord. Thank You for being the God of the Universe AND being MY God. 

No comments: