Wednesday, January 27, 2016

1275 Posts later...........

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. Philippians 3:1

Since July 27th, 2010, I have written 1275 Blog posts in "Rhoadzie's Daily Blog". This math teacher turned amateur writer has loved it. No, I won't be nominated for a pulitzer prize. I don't do it for praise, reward or even recognition. I don't claim thousands of followers. People might get tired of my thoughts. They really aren't that diverse. So, why do I do this? 


I do not write this blog for others, although I am honored people read it. I do it to focus my daily bible study.  I am sure many of you know how hard it is to genuinely, devoutly, study God's word. So many things get in the way of doing that. Our busy schedules, exhaustion, and dedication. I had a grandmother that read through the entire Bible every year. The first time I did that, I realized what kind of dedication that takes. I also saw the value that accomplishment had in her life. I started journaling about my bible readings over 10 years ago. Now it has developed into a public journal. 

Regardless of my reasons, we should all spend time daily studying God's word. I have used multiple formats to help me focus my Bible Study. Nothing has been more effective than writing my thoughts down, letting the Holy Spirit speak to me, and writing it down on the world wide web.  BUT, you need to do it. 

Dear Lord, I am amazed at how your spirit works in my life. I open my heart to you every day and you fill it with your grace, mercy, and strength. Please, Lord, continue to work in me. Guide my thoughts. Guide my actions. Guide my words. Take my entire life and let it be pleasing to you. I praise you, Lord. I am in awe of your love for me. Amen!

No comments: