Friday, January 15, 2016

We are who we are!

“But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.”
1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV http://bible.com/111/1co.15.10.niv

I am what I am.

God has made us all in his own image. He loves us, adores us, and makes us who we are. I am delighted to be a child of God. He doesn't preface that love on our words, or deeds. He just loves us. We need to do the same. I am who I am and am happy in my skin. I know I have some strange quirks and eccentric ways. But, God loves me no different than if I was perfect. 

I serve a wonderful loving God that created us all in his image and different at the same time. The more I think about that during my day, the more I realize I need to do the same. Especially when dealing with teens. The kids I serve are wildly different than I am. God has made them that way. I live in a community with  people that are different than me. God loves them, too. I am not here to change people, but to embrace the differences. I praise God for the diversity of my life. 

Dear Lord, I love you and feel your grace in my life every day. I praise you for your creation. That includes the diversity you have created in people. Help me accept people the way they are. Help me to spend less time trying to change and more time loving them. You are amazing Lord and I am honored to be called a child of God. Amen!



No comments: