Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I not who I want to be .......... Yet!

“Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.”
Philippians 4:4-5 NLT http://bible.com/116/php.4.4-5.nlt

The teachers in our school are going through a series of training sessions helping us understand ourselves and our students. The Growth mindset is a way of looking at life. Many of us go through life feeling we can not improve our character, our intelligence, and our thoughts. I have fallen into this trap, often. We took a character test and hear were my top five character traits:

Love of Learning
Spirituality
Bravery
Curiosity
Judgment

I really thought these top characteristics described me accurately. I truly do love to learn new things and love filling my mind with knowledge. Of Course Jesus is such a big part of my life. The others all fit who I am. But, in my typical "Curious" way. I was more interested in my weaknesses. Out of my topi ten were fairness, kindness, humility, and more. I want to represent my Lord as being full of joy, considerate in all I do. I think I have a lot of work to do in those areas. I know I can change. I know I am not done growing. I am happy with my strengths but will never stop working on my weaknesses. The good news is I have a loving savior and creator of the universe that is helping me improve. He is my teacher, my counselor, and my loving heavenly father. I am not finished!

Dear Lord Jesus, I want to be a better follower of you. I want to be a better servant. I want to be a better person. I care about what people think about me. I care to work on my weaknesses and celebrate my strengths. I want to grow in my love of you Lord and how I represent you to this world. I praise you for your patience with me while I work toward the person you want me to be.

No comments: