Monday, January 4, 2016

A letter from me

“Are we beginning to praise ourselves again? Are we like others, who need to bring you letters of recommendation, or who ask you to write such letters on their behalf? Surely not! The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.” 2 Corinthians 3:1-3 NLT

As a teacher I get to write quite a few recommendation letters. I'm proud to do it. I am fortunate to know some pretty great teenagers and I can truly say I've never had a difficult time writing them. The letters seem to just write themselves for students that really put out the effort and hard work into their education. 

We write a recommendation letter for Christ every day of our lives. How we act and what we say have a huge impact on the future growth of the kingdom. 

Do people see your every day life and say, "Man, I wouldn't mind having what he has. He is living the life I want to live." or do they say, "If that's what being a Christian is all about, I want nothing to do with it."

How would you sum up your life? Does your life write a great letter of recommendation for following Christ? Take some time in these early days of 2016 and review your life. 

Dear Lord, Help me to live a life worthy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can not do that on my own. I need you in every moment of my life. I love you and want nothing more than to bring others to a relationship with you. Amen.

No comments: