Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pleasing everyone

“Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”  Ephesians 6:6-7 NLT

I've heard it said "Its impossible to make everyone happy, so don't even try." 

I'm curious about this statement and it begs the question, "How do you decide who to try to make happy?" 

I really think our lives should be centered around serving others. Jesus did it, so it's good for us. Not only should we serve, but we need to serve all the time, with all our heart, and with great enthusiasm. When I go to school each day, I am serving, not just the students of Garrett High School, I serve the Lord. No matter what you do you are to serve with joy and enthusiasm. I'm there to serve my students in the best way I can, with every ounce of strength I have. I'm there to serve my community and to please them. If I can please my boss I will. I always try. If I can please my students, I will. I always try. If I can please my coworkers, I will. I always try. I don't pick and choose which groups I will try to please. I'm not always successful, but I will try until my last breath to please them all. That doesn't mean I cower and am subservient to people. I won't deny the Lord to please others. But, serving others, is pleasing. So, I wil serve everyone I can.

I will not limit the population of people I choose to serve. I am here to serve them all. Praise God I have the great opportunity to serve. I am honored to breathe every breath in my life serving the Lord through serving people. I promise to do everything in my power to make everyone happy, or die trying! 

No comments: