Monday, January 11, 2016

Go out and save the world

Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”

Hebrews 10:24-25 NLT

I love going to church. I love meeting with my CMA family. I love worshipping. 

Today at church our pastor told our congregation we need to attend church. I agree 100%. He gave some stats that church attenders do so only about 50% of the time. It greatly saddens me that this is true. Why aren't Christians more dedicated to each other and worship? Our pastor also shared this quote from Vince Lombardi:

“The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual. People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society. Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.”

A football team has an obvious goal, to win the game. All successful teams work together with great purpose, great focus, and in complete agreement. What is our goal as a group of believers? What is the goal of meeting together? Is it just to hear a sermon, great music and get an emotional boost? I DO get an emotional boost, but most of all I get the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I get prompted to ACT not just absorb the message. Even today, throughout the sermon I kept on getting ideas to make my own ministry thrive. But what good are emotions, what good are promptings of the Holy Spirit, if we are not moved enough to act.

Sitting in a weekly worship service, attending a bible study, or any other spiritual discipline, means nothing if it does not move us to action. Going to church is meaningless, if we don't take to heart the teachings and go out to save the world. 

Dear Lord, I praise you for the opportunity to worship in freedom. I know it is not true everywhere in the world. But, Lord, Help me apply the great teaching and take the worship experience into the world. I know your heart is for us to save the lost. Help me act on the promptings of your spirit. I love you Lord. I praise you Lord and I serve you Lord. Amen!



No comments: