Thursday, April 9, 2015

Powerful storm

Jesus told the crowd not to tell anyone, but the more he told them not to, the more they spread the news. They were completely amazed and said again and again, “Everything he does is wonderful. He even makes the deaf to hear and gives speech to those who cannot speak.” (Mark 7:36-37 NLT)

It was pretty stormy out last night across the Midwest. We saw tornados in Illinois and we were under weather warnings most of the evening. I watched a video of the tornado in Fairdale, Illinois. It was strangely beautiful but deadly powerful. The person videoing the sight was completely amazed. 

I am constantly amazed by the power of Jesus Christ. It's like watching a powerful storm. To be there as he healed this man would bring you to your knees. I really shouldn't be shocked because I see the day to day power of Jesus in my life. A day doesn't go by at school where I don't look back in amazement. Many times I am amazed how he is using a sinner like me to work with teens. I know who I am. I'm not that great, but with Jesus inside, he is using me. I see it. I feel it. It doesn't make me powerful, awesome, or supernatural. It humbles me to be the tool of the creator of the universe. It humbles me that he sees value in me.  

Lord Jesus I pray for your continued guiding hand in my life. I ask you to watch over my words, thoughts, and actions that they would be pleasing to you. Watch over my family and my only real request is that you reveal yourself to them and that they draw closer to you. Praise God for his love! Amen!


No comments: