Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Slowing down!

When the devil had finished tempting Jesus, he left him until the next opportunity came. (Luke 4:13 NLT)

There are days when I feel satan is pursuing me. It always happens at my weakest, busiest time. Satan lies in wait for perfect opportunities to enter our lives. Usually my weakest point is when I am really busy. As my life "speeds up" I become more vulnerable to the evils of this world. A packed schedule, leaves little time for God. It leaves little time for studying his word and it leaves no time to talk with my savior. We all need to slow down.

This past weekend, I got a small chance to slow down, camping does that for you. I had a wondeful weekend at a Christian Motorcyclist Association event. We camped with a couple of our newer members, we also had a great dinner with a couple of our other CMA friends. We got to sit around a campfire and just talk and laugh. The next morning Stephanie and I had a lazy time getting up and tearing down camp. Life slowed down! 

I praise you Lord. I praise you for all your love and protection from the evil one. Thank you Lord for the time when life slows down and I get to enjoy your presence. I praise you for the blessings and opportunities in life that I really don't deserve, but you give them through your wondeful Grace. Help me to make time and space for worshipping you, studying your word, and loitering to your voice. I love you! Amen!


No comments: