Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Unworthy

When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” (Luke 5:8 NLT)

As a class project last week, my students had to sell themselves to be placed on a team for a group project. You would think it would be easy for students to brag on themselves. But, it's not. Many people, certainly students, don't feel themselves worthy. On the other side of the coin, some people really have an inflated version of themselves. There are times we need to brag about ourselves. Most of the time I feel just like Peter. I know how unworthy I am. Christ sacrifice on the cross changed all that for me. He died for me and made me new. He gave his life so I can brag that sin no longer controls me. 

I'm not going to run around proclaiming how great I am, although with the cleansing power of his blood, gives me the right. Instead I will boast of Christ and all he has done for me. Yes, I am unworthy but he gives me worth beyond all I could do on my own. It's not bragging on me, it's bragging on him! I praise God for taking this sinner and giving me worth. Because of his sacrifice, all I want to do is serve him. Thank you Lord! I love you and praise your holy name!

No comments: