Friday, April 24, 2015

Who am i?

One day Jesus left the crowds to pray alone. Only his disciples were with him, and he asked them, “Who do people say I am?” (Luke 9:18 NLT)


Who are you? Who do people say that you are? This question is no different today than it was for Jesus. It is important to know how people view you and your ministry. This "legacy" may greatly affect your witness. Everything you do should be calculated how it affects the kingdom of God. Are you viewed as a follower of Christ? Is it easy to see where your heart is? Are you really a closet Christian?

I'm not sure exactly why Jesus asked this question, but we can ask the question of ourselves. With deep introspect we can look at our lives and work at trying to make our lives a great witness for Jesus. We don't have to be perfect. We need to be open and honest about our weaknesses and the sins in our life. But, we have to show that the power of Jesus allows us to overcome those faults and love others. Through our service, our compassion, admitting our mistakes, and our genuine love others, what people think about us  will not be an issue.

Dea Lord, as I go through my daily routine, as I travel to motorcycle events, as I travel for vacation, as I deal with my family, help me to be a genuine christian. Help me Lord represent you to everyone I see. Help me to love others just like you have loved me. I need to sacrifice and serve others with your heart, soul, and spirit. Thank you Lord for helping me to grow in my witness for you. I love you and praise you for this wonderful life. Amen!

No comments: