Friday, April 17, 2015

Just another day in the life of a blessed man.

But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. (Romans 3:21-22 NLT)

What a great day yesterday! We celebrated our newest Grandsons birthday. It was a blessing. I'm proud of my daughter McKenzie and Jeff for all their dedication to giving Jordan a great home. I have seen them persevere through all of this to follow God's calling to adopt. There will be many more challenges. But, because they rely on God, they will be blessed throughout this entire process.

I'm not sure even they knew what it was going to take to make this happen. The transition has not always been easy. But,Jordan truly loves McKenzie, Jeff, and the rest of the family. God has brought them together. We are having an official party on Sunday to celebrate this FIRST BIRTHDAY. More fun. 

On a sad note my granddaughter Ayla's hamster died yesterday. She was so sad, made a burial headstone and is dealing with the grief. I know it sounds silly, but she loved that hamster and devoted herself to taking care of it and playing with it. Most kids want the pet, then mom and dad take care of it. But not with Ayla. Death is a part of life, but it's never easy to see a grieving child. I am so proud of all my daughters and their families. My joy runneth over when I see the wonderful lives they lead. Praise God for them and the blessings of seeing them grow up.

Daily life is a blessing of God. From the big birthdays to little set backs to major trials and pain. My loving heavenly father is always their. I completely put my trust in him through it all.

Dear Lord, I praise you for life itself. I am humbled by the blessings in my life. I praise you for loving me even when I was lost. You have covered my sin with your Son's blood. Words can not describe my joy of the life you have given me. Amen!



No comments: