Saturday, April 11, 2015

Perfectionism

They were completely amazed and said again and again, “Everything he does is wonderful. He even makes the deaf to hear and gives speech to those who cannot speak.” (Mark 7:37 NLT)

 "Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a perfectionist!"

Yep, I could go to a "PA" meeting and take my first step to get better. I have an analytical mind and I just can't see any reason why I need to make mistakes. However, I do. I'm. I'm not a perfect person, I'm a perfectionist. There is a huge difference. I know I'm not perfect and it really bothers me. I hate making mistakes, I am critical of myself and others when they do. That is not good. I know I'm a sinner. I know I can not go through life without messing up, but it bothers me terribly. 

Jesus is the example of Perfectionism. I strive to be like Jesus. But, I need to remind myself constantly, that is not going to happen. It's god to strive for that, be tough on yourself, and set a high standard. We need to always remember we will not achieve what we wish. We also need to remember our striving doesn't make us better than anyone else. I am a sinner just like everyone is. It's not about me, my flaws, my striving for perfection. It's about the perfect love of Jesus. It's about knowing we are sinners, asking for forgiveness, and turning our lives to him. That is as perfect as it gets!

Dear Lord, today is the start of the official motorcycle season. We go to the Arcola bike blessing out of service for you. We know there will be people there that do not know you. Help us build relationships with them and share your perfect love. Guide us and protect us in our travels and in our ministry! Amen!


No comments: