Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Keeping it positive!

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8 NLT)

There are so many things in this world that can drag us down. Social media, the local or national news, negative colleagues, family,jobs, politics, or numerous other activities. But Paul told us to not dwell on those things. We are to fix our thoughts on the positive side of life. I know from experience that focusing on the negative thoughts of this world makes life miserable. Sometimes it takes every ounce of energy to concentrate on the blessings of life. But we must.

I envy those that seem to rise above all calamity to celebrate life's joy. I envy those that can keep their focus on Jesus even through trial and tribulation. I praise God he has sent the holy spirit to encourage us when we are down. I praise God that there is no hopelessness through him. We always have hope! 

Dear Lord, Thank You for your love, grace, and mercy. I know I need to rely on you when the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Forgive me for not keeping my eyes on you. When I do that I am always blessed. Please Lord watch over me, guide me through the rough times of life and help me see the joy in all things! Amen!

No comments: